This is the first real test of the Auto-Update feature of SIF-less. I’ve added in the configs for 9.1 Update 1 and “in theory” it should start showing up when you launch SIF-less. *BIG NOTE* This is only going to work with SIF-less 2.2 . Prior versions do not have the Auto-Update feature. With that said, you should see the following dialog when you launch SIF-less now:
After clicking “Yes” you’re greeted with the update dialog. Click the “Check for Updates” button to download the remote manifest file.
Check the two boxes like so:
And then click on the “Fix Selected” button. This will download the associated configs, allowing you to now create a new Sitecore Profile on the 9.1 Update 1 version.
It’s off to the races after that. If your experience didn’t flow like above, how about you drop a comment and let me know. Would appreciate it 🙂
Note: You’ll need to install SIF 2.1. It’s pretty easy to do so via the following command
I had created my own 9.1.1 files and the app detected I was out of date and updated as expected. Though due to a version detection issue with OpenJDK and 7.2.1 Solr I’m using 7.3.1, so I had to change that one condition. But yes, it worked!
Hey Ken, great to hear! I purposefully didn’t include solr 7.3.1 support based on the official solr Compatibility Guide that Sitecore published. If you want to use solr 7.3.1 on your own though, it’s perfectly fine to copy the SIF-less config file (Sitecore 9.1.1.xml and simply update the “topology” attribute on the Configuration node. That will allow it to show up in SIF-less when you select that version. Let me know if you have any questions!
Cool, that’s what I did to clone the 9.1 file into 9.1.1, so I can just make my own variant. Too bad it can’t recognize as a number and do a “greater than” check but I understand the reasoning!
One other thing I noticed doing the uninstall, there’s a ProcessingEngineService for XConnect (maybe it’s new here), so when running uninstall it doesn’t remove that service and thus doesn’t kill the files. I just added this to my XP0 definition and it works fine: RemoveService(“$xConnectSiteName-ProcessingEngineService”)
Good catch! Just pushed up an update that incorporates that. It’s there for 9.0 IR too, now. 🙂
I just tried the update and after clicking on ‘Fix Selected’, the items still say ‘Outdated’.
Seems there was a couple typos in the manifest files. That has been fixed. Thanks!